Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Please, no jazz hands


Wow! It's been a while since I posted. October, November, and December are busy months in the music world for me. I play string bass and seem to be playing every where this fall/winter. First I was called out to play with a regional orchestra about two hours from home. Lots of book on CD listening while making the drives. Then there was Music Man..."We got trouble with a capital T". This included weeks of practice and then three performances. Finally, I have a Christmas concert for the Suzuki School that I teach at. I'm so excited to see my daughter play her violin and my students on bass rock out on their songs as well.

While doing all of the musical activities I've also been reading up a storm but fell off on posting about what I'm reading. I'll post some mini-blogs over the next week or two to catch you up on some great books that are out there.

Here's the first of many that I read. Most of you are adult readers but I couldn't resist posting this one up for our kids...Ninja Bunny by Jennifer Olson.


A fresh, funny, and hip picture book about a little bunny who wants to be…a ninja!

How to be a SUPER AWESOME NINJA:
· Rule #1. You must always work alone.
· Rule #2. You must be super sneaky, especially in the most dangerous of situations.
· Rule #3. A super awesome ninja must: possess incredible strength, achieve invisibility, master the skill of climbing, gain the ability to fly….

Our little bunny is ready to embark on his path to becoming a ninja. But is he cut out for the ninja life? Especially if it means leaving his friends behind?


*******
 
We're going through a bit of a Ninja phase in our house, which I welcome with open arms (if it helps get us out of the princess phase, I'm all for it). So when I saw this book available for an ARC read, I had to apply for it. Super cute cover with Ninja Bunnies. Really, where could you go wrong?
 
The book gives you rules from one bunnies perspective on what it takes to become a Ninja. And this bunny thinks that it needs to be done all alone. That is until faced with a bear. Then he/she learns the meaning of team work.
 
I loved this book for the good message it gives children and also for the amazing illustrations. There was great layout and design to the whole book. After reading it, I begged our Children's Liberian to get the book for our collection.

We'll have this awesome book in our collection starting in June when it becomes available to the public. Make sure to check your library for a copy to take out in the summer months.

No comments:

Post a Comment