Thursday, March 6, 2014

Crashed by K. Bromberg



"When life crashes down around us, how hard are we willing to fight for the one thing we can’t live without, each other?

Life is full of moments.
Big moments.
Little moments.
And none of them are inconsequential.
Every single moment prepares you for that one instance that defines your life. You must overcome all your fears, confront the demons that chase you, and cleanse the poison that clings to your soul or you risk the chance of losing everything.

Mine started the minute Rylee fell out of that damn storage closet. She made me feel. Made me whole when all I thought I could ever be was incomplete. Became the lifeline I never knew I needed. Hell yes, she’s worth the fight…but how do you fight for someone you know you don’t deserve?

Love is full of ups and downs.
Heart stopping highs.
Soul shattering lows.
And none of them are insignificant.
Love is a racecourse of unexpected twists and turns that must be negotiated. You have to break down walls, learn to trust, and heal from your past in order to win. But sometimes it’s the expected that’s the hardest to hold on to.

Colton has healed and completed me, stolen my heart, and made me realize our love’s not predictable nor perfect—it’s bent. And bent’s okay. But when outside factors put our relationship to the test, what lengths will I have to go to prove to him that he’s worth the fight?

Whoever said love is patient and love is kind, never met the two of us. We know our love is worth it—have acknowledged that we were meant to be—but when our pasts crash into our future, will the repercussions make us stronger or break us apart?" (Description from author)

Of recent, it seems that you can pick up a book series out of order and be fine reading from there. I would never recommend this for the Driven series. Not because you can't pick it up on book two or three for a first read but because you'll miss the growth and character development of the two main characters and supporting characters as well. The two main characters have gone through major pains on their own and together to get where they are in book three, at the start of Crashed.

I find it not to be a spoiler to say that book three starts where book two leaves us, Colton crashing the car. Why not a spoiler? Because book three is named Crashed. From here on out I'll keep spoilers out of my write-up...which might be very short because I don't want to give anything away.

What I liked about the start of the book was we saw (or read) the recovery of Colton in real time. Not that he crashed and was back together in a day or two. You feel Rylee's pain, you want to cry for her and her possible loss, you want to throw the punch she almost does, scream, kick and just dig deep to keep it together with her so you can read more. With those emotions invoked in the book, I was caught and couldn't put it down. (I might have let my child take a second gymnastics class just so I could read more).

From there you see the recovery from the pain and anguish to the healing and finally moving forward. I couldn't have loved Becks and Colton's parents more than I did at the beginning of the book. From Beck's interaction with Colton and Rylee it makes me squee with joy to know we'll get a book from him soon.

Us readers, that includes you, when we read a lot of the same genre or area, stories tend to bleed together. You're able to make good guesses on where the story is going. So to say I was surprised at a turn of events in the book was like saying I found more gifts under the Christmas tree. I couldn't have been more excited to be thrown for a loop not once but three different times in the book. For me that is publishing gold, when you can thrown a reader for a loop and not have them hate you but love you for it.

The story is told from both Rylee and Colton's POV which gives it a nice well-rounded feel so you understand what's happening in that boy's head. More importantly you get a view from one year later and 10 years later. Who could not love that?! The biggest thing was how the story came full circle. Truly full circle from the beginning of Crashed. That moment has me wanting to reread the entire series to see if I can catch more moments like that, again.

If you're looking for a series recommendation from the 'Naughty Librarian', which I'm known as in some circles, I would go with this one! Very sexy with great character driven storyline.

Right now Crashed is only available to purchase at Amazon. The first two books in the series are available on both Amazon and Barnes & Nobel.  I'm also excited to say that our local library is looking at getting the series for our collection! Make sure to stop by your local library to see if they have copies as well. 

Also, if you love extras then make sure to check out the author's website. K. Bromberg has a great online community and you'll get a lot of little extras by following her on Facebook and her web newsletter. You can follow K. Bromberg at www.kbromberg.com
  
      Crashed (The Driven Trilogy, #3)

No comments:

Post a Comment