Saturday, January 31, 2015

Best Books of 2014

I'm a little late with posting the best books of 2014 but better late than never. What I noticed when looking through the popular listings like Entertainment Weekly or People or even the NY Times was that the books listed were mostly Fiction and mostly serious and heavy. None were New Adult (NA)and hardly any Young Adult (YA) or Children's. Reading through the best of lists throughout December became a frustrating thing.

Why are the "serious" fiction books always at the top. Why not a sexy New Adult book that can be just as thought provoking and series as a traditional mainstream author? Why does the pickers of the best of list still seem to look down on YA and all of the great things it has to offer in reading.

Finally, fed up with the mainstream best of lists, I decided to post my own. Ha! Then the holidays and my daughter's new love of hockey happened. So, here's the best of for 2014 in 2015.

Please note the books listed are in no particular order. The books were published at different times, not only in 2014. These were books that I read and rated 5 stars in Goodreads during 2014. Also, I have split the selections into four categories of New Adult/Hot Romance, Other Fiction, Young Adult, and Children's. Since there are a lot of books I loved over the year, I'll post my best of list over the next few days. First we'll start with my favorite....

New Adult/ Hot Romance


Sweet Filthy Boy by Christina Lauren
You Were Mine by Abbi Glines
Breakable by Tammara Webber

 

Be with Me by J. Lynn

Better When He's Bad
by Jay Crownover

Fall Fourth Down by Tijan

 

Crashed by K. Bromberg


Kiro's Emily
by Abbi Glines (Novella)

Real by Katy Evans

 

Beautiful Bastard
by Christina Lauren

Consumed by Emily Snow


Lick by Kylie Scott

Any Man of Mine
by Rachel Gibson

 

Tangled by Emma Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment