Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Real by Katy Evans

"A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .

But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?" (Description from Goodreads.com)

Honestly, who doesn't like a good book about a sexy boxer? Ok, maybe a few of you. Even so, I would still give this book a try. When I first rated it on Goodreads.com, all I could say was, "WOW!" The book blew me away that much.

Yes the book has sexy and a troubled boxer and a bad guys you just want to punch yourself. In trying to keep this spoiler free I'll say that the book also gives a deeper look into a condition people rarely talk about.  I loved how it was dealt with in and talked about. You won't find out about this until mid-way through the book so keep in mind there's a reason for everything up till that point.

The tension between Brooke and Remy is amazing as well. How they communicate through music and express themselves is one of the things I truly loved about the couple. The music references were amazing and brought me back to my college days.

I would file this book under New Adult with a side of the erotic fiction. I know a few friends would choose this book based on the "abs" cover. I would also say there is a great story to this book and not just sexy times.

Real is the first book in a three book series with the third one told from Remy's POV. Make sure to check your local library to see if they have a copy to read!


No comments:

Post a Comment