Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Disney Princess Cookbook



by Walt Disney Company, Tony Fejeran (Design)

"From Rapunzel's Frying Pan Eggs to Ariel's Sea Turtle Cupcakes, this beautiful cookbook is filled with delicious recipes inspired by the Princesses' many adventures. With simple step-by-step instructions, mouth-watering photos of each dish, and helpful tips from the Princesses themselves, this cookbook makes it easy to whip up some kitchen magic." (Description from Goodreads.com)

I seem to have a love/hate relationship with children's cookbooks. I love the idea and concept of them but find that I hate the recipes. Mostly, because they're dull or not written correctly, missing items for the end product to turn out right. So as another library staff person pointed out this new book, because it had princesses on it, I was a little nervous. Disney had a name to live up to, so, truly their cookbook couldn't be bad. I kept chanting this mantra to myself while checking it out secretly hoping I wasn't wrong.

Thank goodness I wasn't wrong. The cookbook was amazing. Great recipes that actually worked, full illustrations of the princesses for my daughter to look over, and recipes we were all excited to try.

I wish we had more time to try all of the recipes but we didn't. I can recommend the pancake recipee (my husband loved this one) and the chicken noodle soup. We had super success with both.

If you have a little princess at home or even if you want to try new recipes, I would recommend checking your local library for this cookbook. We plan on checking it out again to try making the french bread and baked french toast!

     

   

      The Disney Princess Cookbook
   

 

 
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment